Did you know that an overwhelming 68% of consumers prefer video content to learn about new products and services? That’s 7 out of 10 of consumers who would be more attracted to a business if they invested in short video.
Unsurprisingly, this medium is significantly more popular than traditional methods. Although text-based articles are the second most preferred, they are still incomparable to the use of short video.
Due to the popularity amongst consumers, businesses are readily making the shift to short video communication. This is apparent in Wyzowl 2019 survey statistics, with 87% of businesses now using video and out of the remaining, 74% of marketers hoping to explore video marketing in 2019.
So what are the proven benefits of video marketing?
- 83% of marketers say video gives them a good ROI
- 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 84% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic to their website.
- 81% of marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
- 79% of people say a brand’s video has convinced them to buy a piece of software or app.
- 96% of people say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
The results speak for themselves and 87% of people would like to see more video from brands in 2019. But what type of video content do consumers want to see and where? Vertical video is the current most popular format, making platforms Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn the most popular to post on by video marketers. Amongst this content, explainer videos are currently in the lead, followed by Entertaining videos and Video blogs.
No doubt about it, short video is the marketing medium of today. However taking the leap, or transitioning from existing marketing practices is never easy. With 2020 approaching, the time to start your video marketing journey is now. No matter the project, large or small, we’d love to help!